Selenium & Cobalt deficiency
Products containing selenium and cobalt are often recommended alongside a wormer to support lamb growth during this critical time.
- Can cause ‘white muscle disease’, sudden death and weak or stillborn lambs.
- Affects growth, fertility and immune responses.
- Is found on pastures with acidic soils, and high rainfall (above 450mm/year).
- Typically affects lambs two-six weeks of age in the spring are particularly at risk.
- Causes ill thrift in growing lambs and infertility of the adult ewe.
- Is required for Vitamin B12 and is essential for maximum food utilisation.
- Is caused by low soil cobalt concentrations.
- Most commonly affects growing lambs.
Rycoben is effective against roundworms including Nematodirus battus tapeworms and lungworms.
The only white drench licensed as an aid in the prevention of cobalt and selenium deficiency.
Click here for information on Zolvix
• Short, three-day meat withhold.